Adopt-A-Family’s organization goals include:
- preventing or ending episodes of family homelessness;
- ensuring families have a safe, stable home they can afford;
- guiding families toward self-sufficiency;
- facilitating wraparound services, through staff and community partners; and
- helping children overcome the social, emotional, and academic setbacks that accompany homelessness and poverty.
All Adopt-A-Family programs provide extensive support services that includes case management, budgeting assistance, mental health counseling, job coaching, and referrals to resources provided by collaborative partners.
To learn more about our programming, please visit What We Do.
Adopt-A-Family (AAF) is thoroughly committed to maintaining a standard of excellence in nonprofit management and fiscal accountability. In 2021, we were awarded a 15th consecutive four-star rating by Charity Navigator, a distinction earned by less than 1% of charities rated nationally. This rating indicates that AAF adheres to good governance and other best practices that ensure the agency mission is executed in a fiscally responsible manner.